Thursday, April 30, 2009

shopping lists


Some people think that shopping lists are an essential piece of paper while going to the shopping mall. I think that they are merely a distraction. Whenever I’ve made a list I’ve never bought the things according to it. My trolley ends up with the things I would, most probably, not need for, at least, the next 4 weeks.

Lists, in my opinion, are hardly helpful. I, for one, get so confused the minute I step in a grocery store. Things start to float in the air in front of my eyes and I end up buying things that come my way.

I usually forget to carry along my shopping list and then I roam around the store from aisle to aisle in search of things that I was set out to buy. And my husband sits in the car, babysitting Fatima a.k.a. Fatty (my baby girl), while she gets all cranky, he gets all mad, and starts to honk his horn in order to express his anger towards me. As I am busy searching for things in the aisles and taking all the time in the world to buy just a little stuff.

If I’ve gone to buy a face wash for myself I end up buying a baby shampoo and body wash for Fatty, deodorant for my husband and few sweets and candies for my darling baby, which sends the check, at the cash register, rocketing to the sky.

If I go to buy clothes for Fatty I end up spending way more than I intend to. I love buying clothes for her and she loves wearing and choosing among them. That big grin I receive the minute she sees her stuff is worth it all.

I am not much of a shopper but I do takeout time to go shopping as it gives me the idea of latest things available in the market. This keeps me updated with the world developing so fast that you miss track after you have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment